Fullstack + Mobile Software Developer
As a senior software developer, I have worked with many technologies in my 9 years of professional experience and am now focusing on projects that catch my interest. The technology stack is relatively irrelevant, but I prefer web projects because the ability to iterate quickly allows me to implement new features more efficiently. My first experience, however, was in iOS development when I developed and distributed my own apps in addition to freelancing assignments (the most successful app achieved 120,000 downloads in the first week). Now I am looking for new interesting projects and employers.
Lead Developer - Lapromed UG (Oct. 2020 until Jun. 2021)
As the first employee, I took over the technical management of this e-health startup with four team members. The company failed due to poor marketing and a lack of necessary investments.
- The architecture of the project consisted of a Django (Python) backend, a Vue (JS) frontend and a PostgresQL database. Additionally, development of an iOS and Android app was started but not completed.
- Agile planning through weekly SCRUM sprints (via Azure DevOps)
- Long-term planning of the feature and tech roadmap with the shareholders
- Tracking and regularly discussing goals and working conditions with individual developers
- Using Ansible to deploy the software and configuration to the decentralized customer servers
Senior Software Developer - Syrcon GmbH (Nov. 2017 until Nov. 2021)
My main focus was on the project "bonusScan" (loyality systems) for which I was also the responsible developer. This product enables smaller cities and communes to strengthen their local retail by giving customers bonus points for their purchases. In the first four years of the project I was employed as a freelancer before I changed to a salaried position. Known partner cities include Ludwigsburg, Troisdorf, Heinsberg and Magdeburg.
- The architecture of the project consists of a Symfony (PHP) backend, a Vue/Vanilla (JS) frontend, an Android merchant/terminal app, a MySQL database as well as iOS (Swift) and Android (Java) customer apps for the respective partner cities.
- All subcomponents were either further developed or newly designed
- Development of new features closely coordinated with the project management as well as the customers
- Independent planning and implementation of technological decisions (e.g. move to another hosting provider, migration to Symfony 4, migration to Vue)
- Introduction of new automated test strategies (unit, acceptance and live tests)
- Implementation of a continuous delivery / CI pipeline (Jenkins) with a separate test system
- Development of the new Turing-complete programming language Storyboard for use in the merchant/terminal app
- Implementation or enhancement of a modern, responsive front-end design
- System administrative server maintenance partially taken over
Freelancing (since 2013)
In the years from 2013 to November 2017, I accepted contract work in addition to creating and distributing my own software products. After the employment at Syrcon GmbH began, the amount of freelancing projects has decreased significantly.
- Implementation of websites and apps (iOS + Android) for local companies (e.g. a weekly newspaper in Falkensee or an event organizer in Berlin)
- Creation of apps already in 2013 for Syrcon GmbH to which I later moved to
- Development and distribution of the app "Das Formelwerk" which reached more than 120,000 downloads in the Apple AppStore within one week and ranked 3rd among all apps. Later followed an Android app and web application which could not reach a comparable commercial success.
- Gathered accounting and administrative experience by founding my own company in 2014. Annual balance sheets, payrolls and all other documents have been created independently by me without a tax consultant.
- Founding of the startup "addup UG" where I took over the role of the technical founder. The company failed due to a change in the iOS operating system which made our unique selling proposition invalid.